|Who can apply
||Any umpire member of a Provincial/Territorial (P/T) Association who is registered with Softball Canada and who is entering the first, second year or subsequent year of a post-secondary educational institution. Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident.|
- Voluntary donations from Blue Convention Instructors (Convention Registration Fee)
- Fundraising at Blue Convention
- Other donations
|Post-Secondary Educational Institution defined
||Certified Educational School – Course to be a minimum two (2) year duration leading to a degree or diploma.|
||Member in good standing with their Provincial/Territorial (P/T) Association for at least three (3) consecutive calendar years including the year of application.Applications will be sent directly to the Softball Canada office. Softball Canada will verify the "Member in Good Standing" as above with P/T Associations before forawrding to ODC for selection. The ODC selection will then be forwarded to the Softball Canada Board for final approval.Must have strong academic standing – letter of support from school, teacher or professor. Also letter of support from a community leader.Candidates will be asked to explain how scholarship will benefit them.|
||Officiating Development Committee|
|Amount of Scholarship
||One $1,000.00 Scholarship will be awarded annually.|
|Time of Application
- Call for nominations will be sent out by Softball Canada in January/mid-February. All nominations must be received (to Softball Canada) no later than April 30.
- Only Applications on the Ed Bitz Scholarship Application form accompanied by the required letters of support and received by the deadlines will be considered.
|Timing of Announcement of Award
||The award recipients will be notified in July. In Blue Convention years the announcement will take place at the Blue Convention Awards Dinner. In the years when the Blue Convention does not take place, the recipients will be announced at the Softball Canada Congress.|
|Payment of Scholarship
- In September, upon presentation of proof of Registration for the first, second or subsequent year at the post-secondary institution named in the recipient’s application.
- The applicant/recipient may change institutions from the one named in his/her application at any time before or after the awarding of the scholarship, providing notification of the ODC.
||Applications are to be distributed through P/T Associations and Softball Canada and will be promoted in Between the Lines and on the Softball Canada Website|
||Softball Canada`s Ed Bitz Scholarship|