DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER
Softball Canada and the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) are co-hosting National Fastpitch Coaches College Course 408: Junior Women’s World Championship Coaching & Game Observation at the 2013 Junior Women’s World Championship in Brampton, ON from June 29 – July 1, 2013.
Don’t miss out on this great professional development opportunity! Register today!
NFCC COURSE 408: JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
COACHING & GAME OBSERVATIONS
June 29 – July 1, 2013 – Brampton, ON
Why should you attend?
Want to learn to be a better game coach? Want to know what to look for before and during the game to help your team have success? Want to know what factors to consider to make the best decisions about what strategies and tactics to use during a game?
In this seminar, coaches will take part in classroom sessions and live game observations. Coaches will have the opportunity to watch exhibition and round robin games at the Junior Women’s World Championship. Our trio of highly qualified instructors will sit with small groups of coaches during these games and discuss the game action. Coaches will analyze techniques, strategies, coaching styles and pre-game practices. In addition, coaches will:
- Make field observations;
- Scout teams and develop a game plan;
- Review and analyze game tapes;
- Assess team and individual performances;
- Practice personal game tracking, scoring and charting.
Who are the Instructors?
- John Tschida: Head Coach at University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota) – winning two consecutive NCAA Division III national titles in 2004 and 2005
- Lori Sippel: Associate Head Coach at the University of Nebraska and former Canadian Senior Women’s National Team Head Coach
- Jay Miller: Volunteer Assistant Coach at the University of Louisville and former USA Senior Women’s National Team Head Coach and Junior Women’s National Team Head Coach
Complete and return the attached registration form with payment to Softball Canada.
For more information:
Please contact Lise Jubinville at Softball Canada: (B) 613-523-3386, x-3108 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.softball.ca
Note: This seminar will count towards professional development credits for coaches to maintain their certification in
the new NCCP and will be tracked on the NCCP Database.